CU is a non-profit educational institution in Providence, Rhode Island focused on degree completion for all adult learners.
Your interests and the needs of your workplace and community are part of your educational program. Learning takes place in the classroom, online, with peers, in the workplace, and your local community.
College Unbound models the possibilities of higher education for adults where lifelong learning is valued and enables people to be fuller participants in creating the lives to which they aspire.
College Unbound's mission is to reinvent the higher education experience for underserved adult learners, using a student-driven model of rigorous and engaged scholarship.
Reach Your Goals
Our graduates improve their own lives and influence those around them:
- Job Success: 83% of the students in the CU Solo I cohort advanced to a better position or found better employment elsewhere within their first year at CU.
- Culture of Support: Enrolled students benefit from services such as financial fitness counseling, including how to improve credit scores, and our supportive learning environment. CU’s model involves peer-driven cohort support and the development of a mentor network.
- Academic Support: Writing and math tutoring and testing and support for learning disabilities.
- Next Generation: Students are often heads of households and their learning benefits their children.
- Wider Community: Co-curricular experiences occur naturally as offshoots of student projects and deeper community involvement. Personal transformation has ripple effects.