CU is a non-profit educational institution in Providence, Rhode Island focused on degree completion for all adult learners.
Your interests and the needs of your workplace and community are part of your educational program. Learning takes place in the classroom, online, with peers, in the workplace, and your local community.
College Unbound's mission is to reinvent higher education for underrepresented returning adult learners, using a model that is individualized, interest-based, project-driven, workplace enhanced, cohort-supported, flexible, supportive, and affordable. Through rigorous and engaged scholarship, College Unbound integrates the students’ own purposes for learning with the needs of their workplaces and communities, improving the lives of the students and the lives of those they touch. As a degree completion college, College Unbound provides access, support through completion, and career placement, ensuring that students get in, stay in, and move forward.
Reach Your Goals
Our graduates improve their own lives and influence those around them:
- Job Success: 83% of the students in the CU Solo I cohort advanced to a better position or found better employment elsewhere within their first year at CU.
- Culture of Support: Enrolled students benefit from services such as financial fitness counseling, including how to improve credit scores, and our supportive learning environment. CU’s model involves peer-driven cohort support and the development of a mentor network.
- Academic Support: Writing and math tutoring and testing and support for learning disabilities.
- Next Generation: Students are often heads of households and their learning benefits their children.
- Wider Community: Co-curricular experiences occur naturally as offshoots of student projects and deeper community involvement. Personal transformation has ripple effects.