Programs and Partners
Full-Time and Part-Time Options for Adults
College Unbound provides the following options for full-time study leading to a bachelor of arts degree:
- CU SOLO: This signature College Unbound program leads to a degree in Organizational Leadership and Change. It is for full-time study only. There currently is no tuition charge, thanks to generous donors who support this educational program. Solo cohorts meet in the evenings each week for class and discussion. Study is self-directed, supplemented by weekly one-on-one mentoring. A personal learning plan and network guide and gauge progress. Prospective students can express interest at any time. Learn more about the application process, competencies, degree requirements and unique student support services.
- CU and Charter Oak State College: As of 2017-18, we serve two dozen degree-seeking students who are enrolled with a partner, Charter Oak State College. Tuition and fees apply. Admission is by application. Studies lead to a degree in Individualized Studies.
We also collaborate with partners to meet educational needs in a location convenient to part-time students.
- Workplace Education: CU serves 10 United Way Rhode Island employees who participate in an on-site program for part-time study. The college intends to expand workplace education, which is designed to enable part-time participants to transition into the CU degree program in the future. Workforce education can include employer assistance or reimbursement.
- CU Aquidneck Island: This program is structured for part-time study cohorts of residents of Aquidneck Island and Newport County. There are currently no tuition charges, thanks to scholarships funded by the van Beuren Charitable Foundation. Admission is by application. Two cohorts are to begin in September 2018. We invite you to attend an open house. Learn more about the program and available scholarships.
- College Unbound's Prison Education Program: We serve non-matriculating, non-degree seeking students inside the Rhode Island Department of Corrections Adult Correctional Institution. There is currently no tuition associated with this program. CU is developing a gateway program to help these students with re-entry upon release, preparing them to continue their education. Learn more.