**Thank you for all interested! At this time, we are no longer accepting applications for College Unbound's Daring Dozen $10,000 Scholarship.**
College Unbound's Daring Dozen $10,000 Scholarship
College Unbound, a bachelor degree completion program, which was approved on May 20, 2015 as the 13th degree-granting institution in Rhode Island, is now accepting applications for its second cohort independent of partner institutions. Twelve qualified students will receive merit scholarships of $10,000—enough to cover one full year of tuition!! The scholarships are renewable for each year through completion of the student’s degree, provided s/he remains in good academic standing.
Applicants must demonstrate:
Minimum college GPA of 2.0
Minimum of 9 college credits (3 in Writing/Composition)
Fewer than 60 college credits
Adequate college-readiness skills
Commitment to College Unbound and completing your degree
The scholarship award covers tuition for one full year, totaling $10,000.
Each year that the recipient remains in good standing, will receive a $10,000 scholarship award letter through completion of their degree.
Requirements of the Award
- Completed application along with official transcripts and $50 refundable Application Fee are accepted on a rolling basis but our priority deadline is November 18th, 2016.
- $500 semester fees – submit by September 29th, 2017.
- Must enroll as a full-time student and pursue at least 12 credits each semester.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Attend weekly seminar (held on Mondays).
- Attend weekly 1:1 meeting with Academic Advisor.
- Maintain and implement a Personal Learning Plan.
- Develop and maintain a Personal Learning Network.
- Participate in program review.
- Participate in program press and documentation.